Thursday, May 22, 2014

Benefits of being Bilingual

There's so many benefits of being bilingual that I can name but truly I am thankful that I am bilingual because I have so many things coming my way with me being bilingual I have already had a lot of good things come my way because I am Bilingual but I know that there is still so many more great things that will come my way if i keep on speaking more than one language. One of the main reasons I love being bilingual is because I love to help people and one way I can help some people is that if they come from a different city or state and they only speak for example I am in the united States and they speak spanish I can help them translate whatever they want to say in order to get what they need or want. But I also love to take trips to different places around the world so that I can see how different cultures are but when I visited beautiful Mexico there was a couple of other travelers that could not speak spanish so when I saw them struggling to order there food I went on over and translated what they were saying in english to the man helping them in spanish and I felt great about myself after that. Although my strongest languages are Spanish and English I do ear many of my uncles or Aunts speak different languages I do understand but I cant speak to well I would like to learn different languages so that when I go apply for a job and say that I am bilingual then It would probably impress them and I might be on the top of there list just because of me being bilingual.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/meyer769/psy_1001/2012/03/bilingualism-an-advantage.html

No comments:

Post a Comment